If there’s one recipe I make more than any other, it’s these toasted s’mores chocolate chunk cookies. They are my holy grail. My most crowd-pleasing recipe that I come back to every time. I have a fresh batch of these in my kitchen almost every week and they always seem to disappear within a day or two!
These one-bowl cookies are the perfect quick dessert to make all year round. The caramelized marshmallows, melty chocolate, and toasted graham crackers mix to make THE perfect cookie. My secret to getting that delicious melty, gooey texture is almond flour. I love a classic chocolate chip cookie, but using almond flour instead of all-purpose gives these cookies a perfectly chewy bite.
Before you start prepping your ingredients, preheat the oven to 475°F. I use a little more heat than the typical 350 to get these babies perfectly crisp outside and soft, chewy on the inside.
Start by whisking together almond flour, crushed graham cracker, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. If you want to make yours gluten-free, you can substitute gluten-free graham crackers! Once your dry ingredients are combined, add in the coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, almond milk, and flax eggs. When everything is just-combined, stir in the marshmallows and chocolate.
When you’re ready to roll these out, you can shape them into 1½” balls and place them onto lined baking trays. I like topping mine with a few extra marshmallows just before baking (highly suggested).
After popping these into the oven for 12-15 minutes, allow them to cool completely before enjoying. These cookies are much less puffy than your traditional variety, so don’t worry if they’re spreading out in the oven!
I hope you love these as much as my friends and family do!
The Best Toasted S'mores Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Takes , Serves 20.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, crushed graham cracker, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- To the same bowl, add coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, and almond milk and stir until fully incorporated.
- Make two flax eggs by combining 2 TBSP of flaxseed meal with 4 TBSP of water in a small bowl. Allow to set for about 5 minutes then transfer into cookie mixture.
- Stir in marshmallows and chocolate until just combined.
- Bake cookies in 1½” balls for 12-15 minutes. Allow cookies to cook before serving.
* To make a flax egg, mix one TBSP of flax meal with 2 TBSP of warm water. Let this mixture rest for around five minutes to form a gel-like consistency.