When it’s time to make the ultimate breakfast decision of sweet or savory, I’ll choose sweet every time. And in the category of breakfasts that could also be desserts, banana bread reigns supreme - especially when it’s chocolate chunk infused.
I love my oats for breakfast, but every once in awhile, a girl needs some banana bread to start the day right. Let’s be honest, we’re pretty much eating cake for breakfast here, but you can spend the rest of the day making grown up decisions. This morning, it’s time for steamy, oven-fresh banana bread with melty dark chocolate.
This quick and easy recipe requires only one bowl - it’s the perfect option to throw together for a simple breakfast you can have throughout the week. It’s also oil free and made with a mix of whole wheat and almond flour. This means you get more fiber and protein than your traditional banana bread, with an even more delicious taste.
Banana bread is usually made with walnuts or pecans, but I’m not the biggest fan of nuts, so I opted for the chocolate chunk variety. The combination of rich dark chocolate and sweet caramel-y banana is an absolute killer, and it’s made even better with a mix of both chocolate chunks and crushed bar chocolate. How can you go wrong?
When you’re gathering your ingredients, make sure that you use overripe bananas because they’ll add to moisture, sweetness, and even a deeper aroma to your bread. Basically, overripe bananas equal better banana bread.
Another star ingredient in this recipe is the tahini. This was one of the first times I’ve baked with tahini, and I can’t believe I’ve been missing out on it for this long. It makes the texture of the bread perfectly spongy and gives a warm, nutty flavor without adding any actual nuts.
Combine all these magical ingredients, throw them in a 350 degree oven for about 35 minutes, and you’ll have yourself a golden brown loaf of chocolatey, fluffy banana bread to start the day (and a few days after that).
One Bowl Tahini Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread
Takes , Serves 6.
- 1 Cup Almond Flour (96g)
- ¾ Cup Whole Wheat Flour (85g)
- ¼ Cup Coconut Sugar (35g)
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 1½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Tahini (56g)
- 3 TBSP Cashew Milk
- 1 Large Banana (100g)
- ½ Cup Vegan Chocolate Chunks (90g)
- ½ Dark Chocolate Bar (50g)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Use coconut oil to grease a 4x8-inch loaf pan.
- Sift almond flour and whole wheat flour into a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add coconut sugar, salt, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cashew milk, and tahini into flour mixture. Mix until ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Thoroughly mash bananas in the bowl with a fork. Combine mashed banana with rest of the ingredients.
- Fold chocolate chunks and chocolate bar pieces into batter.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown. Cool before serving.